Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm Doing Science and I'm Still Alive

Yep!

So, remember that whole going insane thing I mentioned a while back in accordance with the upcoming NaNo Wrimo? Yeah, that's definitely kicked in. What can I say? I thought I could juggle it, and I can't, but that's okay because I've written a shit load! I am happy to say that the project is going so well. It is looking like yours truly will be heading across the 50,000 word finish line at the end of the month.

I thought I'd take a moment and give you a sneak preview of stuff that's coming up here at Pixels and Pies. Come December, we should be returning to our regular gastronomic gaming schedule. There will finally be that recipe for fried chicken to follow up the Dead Space review, and from then on it's much more games and food...

Like:

Dragon Age
Left4Dead 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Mirror's Edge
The God of War Series
Assassin's Creed 2


And that's just to name a few. Maybe there will be a play on Mabari Crunch? Or perhaps even Left4Dead Stew? We shall see!

It's really great to even just get on here and post an update. I really like P&P, and it's nice to know there's a really supportive group at its back too. I really appreciate the comments, especially the ones I got with the Salt Dough recipe!

Things are going great on this end. Me and the boy are kicking it and gearing up for Thanksgiving. He's been awesome, and a great support through this whole NaNo WriMo thing. I really owe a lot to the guy, and I'm really lucky. Love you!

I can't wait to see my family up north. It has been way too long! We've got a big Thanksgiving feast planned, and there is no doubt that the pics and recipes will find their way here eventually.

So, from all of us - okay, me :) - here at Pixels and Pies have a very Happy Thanksgiving, and if you're stuck on something to make this year check this out!!

The Autumn Bread!

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbl. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup canola oil
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups shredded pumpkin
(can stuff works fine too if, you know, there isn't a pumpkin lying around)
1 1/2 cups shredded apple

Preheat your oven to 325 (F)

Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.

In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, canola oil, eggs, and vanilla. Combine both mixtures and fold in the shredded pumpkin. Once the ingredients are all incorporated pour into a non-stick loaf pan.

Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check with a knife, it should come out clean. Cool for fifteen minutes and turn onto a cooling rack or other non-stick surface.

1 comment:

  1. This is the greatest bread ever made. Bake it, you won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete